John P. Chay PLLC represents Washington Consumers against debt buyers, debt collectors, and creditors that use bad tactics that violate Washington and Federal law. We fight hard for you.
Most of our Washington clients have hired multiple credit repair companies to dispute debt buying firms on their credit report. They find that there is some success in disputing the older items that do not affect the credit score. Often they do not see the permanent credit score increase they desire. Many are frustrated that the larger debt buyers like Absolute Resolutions Corporation answer the credit reporting agency disputes and rarely fall off.
Our law firm has found that the best way to resolve a debt is to deal directly with the debt buying firm or owner of the debt that reporting the negative item. We work diligently with the legal departments and compliance departments of the major debt collection firms and debt buyers. Since 2003, we have established long standing relationships in the industry. This allows us to often handle issues for our clients in a more timely manner.
We will obtain the documents supporting the underlying debt, review the debt buying documents, compare them reporting accuracy and then provide our client with options. Each of our client’s goals are unique, so the options that we can ascertain will be tailored for their needs. It is understood that most of our clients would like the negative tradeline to no longer appear on their credit report.
- Illegally re-aging of a debt
We find that often the credit report does not reflect the true date of last activity, especially when sold to a third party debt buyer. This can re-age the debt making it more damaging to your credit score. We work directly with the lender to adjust credit reporting accurately or have them agree to remove the negative tradeline.
- No proof or right to collect debt
We find that often the debt collection firm or underlying debt buyer does not have the documents necessary to prove the debt was incurred by our client or that the entity demanding payment has the right to receive the money to resolve the debt. In Washington, these transactions are controlled by Washington Finance Code.
- Misidentified debtor / Wrong Party
We find that often a debt collection firm has used a skip trace company that mis-identified the debt as belonging to our client. In that case, it should be removed from the credit report immediately.
If you are having issues with a debt buying firm and would like our assistance in resolving the issues please call (714) 699-9696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common Debt Buying companies we represent clients against:
- Absolute Resolutions Corporation
- Atlantic Recovery Solutions LLC
- Atlas Acquisitions LLC
- Autovest LLC
- Axiom Acquisition Ventures LLC
- CACH LLC | Resurgent Capital Services LP
- CACV of Colorado LLC | Resurgent Capital Services LP
- Cadles of Grassy Meadowns II LLC
- Cascade Capital Funding LLC
- Cascade Receivable Management
- Cavalry Portfolio Services
- CF Medical LLC
- CFS2 Inc
- CIG Financial LLC
- CKS Prime Investments
- Collins Asset Group
- Consumer Portfolio Services
- Cooper Financial LLC
- Crown Asset Management
- DeVille Asset Management
- DNF Associates LLC
- Fan Distributing LLC
- FCC Finance LLC
- Fig Loans
- First Financial Investment Fund
- Forsythe Finance LLC
- Harvest Credit Management
- Investment Retrievers Inc
- Jefferson Capital Systems LLC
- JH Portfolio Equities
- Lazarus Financial Group
- Lutea LLC
- Main Street Acquisitions Corporation
- Midland Credit Management Inc
- Mountain Lion Acquisition Inc
- Mountain Run Solutions
- NCEP, LLC
- Novea Portfolio Management, LLC
- Oliphant Financial
- Omega RMS LLC
- Orion Portfolio Services LLC
- Orions Management Group, LLC
- Palisades Collection LLC
- Pallino Asset Management LLC
- Pallino Solutions LLC
- PCA Acquisitions V, LLC
- Pendrick Capital Partners
- Persolve Legal Group LLP
- Pharia LLC
- Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC
- Prodigy Portfolio Management
- Razor Capital
- Riverwalk Holdings, Ltd
- Sequium Asset Solution
- Sequoia Financial
- Sherman Originator III, LLC
- Spring Oaks Capital, LLC
- TBF Financial LLC
- The Best Service Company
- The Bureaus, Inc.
- Troy Capital LLC
- Unifund CCR Partners
- Valor Intelligent Processing
- Vance & Huffman LLC
- Velocity Investments, LLC
- Vion Receivable Investments
- Wellington Acquisition Group
- Yorba Capital Management LLC
- Zions Debt Holdings LLC
We offer competitive, flat fee pricing quoted up front. If we are working on one or more creditors we offer discounted pricing. For our fees we will:
- Obtain the necessary documents to evaluate your situation
- Evaluate the documents compared to the client’s scenario and help render an opinion
- Help the client enforce their rights as to the debt collection / credit reporting.
- If desired, approach the lender to see if a settlement can be made that is favorable to our client’s goals of credit reporting and ending possible legal liabilities.
Additional fees will be charged should we need to file a lawsuit against the creditor.
Mon to Thurs: 7 am - 5 pm
Fri: 7 am - 11 am